1. While shopping online, be certain the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
2. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have special offers and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may obtain a discount on the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.