1. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
2. Shop around when shopping online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal it is possible to.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
5. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.