1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as early as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online stores have moved their sales days up by a couple of days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You may be able to find out the standard of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.