1. A great tip to consider when you're thinking about internet shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's visiting you fairly!
3. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.