1. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
5. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.