1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
2. If you are going to be doing some shopping on the web, make sure you comprehend the liability for each credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on the card if the number is stolen.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with an excellent reputation.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.