1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the primary site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
4. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.