1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Know about the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.
4. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.