1. Discover the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
2. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.