1. Look for discount codes when shopping on the net. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
2. If a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and online coupons to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a promotion code.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will give you an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a large swerve.