1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply search for at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" in the address, proceed to a different site to be around the safe side.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
4. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. When shopping for a particular item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, you can save as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.