1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
3. Although it may look tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with an excellent reputation.