1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
2. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
3. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you may want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
4. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.