1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
2. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
3. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option as long as the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.
4. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.