1. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you go for the first sale you see, you will find a chance you may miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
3. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
5. Do more research on the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.