1. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!
2. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. In case you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want so that you can know that one could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your charge card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.