1. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When shopping online, be sure the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
5. If you want to save cash on the products you buy online and wish to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals in the event you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.