1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as a seller.
4. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!