1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. To protect yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.