1. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.