1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.
4. Speak to your friends with regards to their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
5. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can easily be impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networks, then proceed directly to the main site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.