1. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
3. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as being a seller.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.