1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
2. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and you must protect your information at all cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
3. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
5. Always remember your finances and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual world of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.