1. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, there exists a chance you may miss out on an improved deal elsewhere.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
4. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.