1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
3. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
5. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.