1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
2. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
3. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
5. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.