1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
2. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on the items and when there are free freight options open to you.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a brand new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.