1. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
2. When shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
3. Look for online coupons when shopping on the Internet. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name from the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.