1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a brand new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have special offers and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may obtain a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make certain you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You could even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.