1. If a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a promotion code.
2. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networks, then proceed directly to the key site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. If you want to spend less on the products you buy online and want to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals in the event you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
5. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.