1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose one that will save you the most money.
3. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, proceed to a different site to be on the safe side.
4. When shopping for a particular item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
5. Prior to making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for your shipping on your items and if there are free shipping options available to you.