1. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. When shopping online, be sure the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.