1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
3. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
4. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are deciding on a site to purchase from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.