1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. When you shop online, be sure the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the client service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.