1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
2. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might like to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. Speak to your friends regarding their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This can save you a lot of time and energy.