1. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make sure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only accountable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, which means that you will not be out of pocket.
2. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
3. Shop around when you shop online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal it is possible to.
4. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
5. Online shopping is a great way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save much more money.