1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
3. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are around the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make certain you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.