1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. While shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
3. When you are searching for a place to buy a specific thing and none of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
5. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.