1. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You could even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
4. When you are searching for a location to buy an item and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your cash.
5. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.