1. Call the online company before you make a purchase. For those who have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want to be able to know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
2. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.