1. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a brand new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are choosing a site to purchase from. If you don't feel at ease providing the company with your credit card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. Call the online company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your charge card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.