1. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
2. While shopping online, be sure the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
3. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. When a company includes a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their goods and would use a coupon code.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.