1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
2. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are deciding on a site to purchase from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your charge card information.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.