1. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.