1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are available to be shipped to you.
4. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information whatsoever cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!