1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation being a seller.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. If you are going to be doing some shopping online, make sure you understand the liability for each and every credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on your card when the number is stolen.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.