1. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" within the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. Although it might appear tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
4. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a broad swerve.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.