1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
2. If you want to save money on the products you get online and wish to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals should you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
3. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate bank card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.