1. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. Online shopping is a great way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save much more money.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to describe the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use all this information to decide if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, along with your area before you place an order.