1. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as being a seller.
2. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. When you shop online, make sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
5. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.